Thursday, April 9, 2009

... And We're Off!

Spring has sprung in the Elm City (it's finally above 50 degrees today!) and the BTFO planning games have begun. Sandra and I had the pleasure of meeting many of you at admitted students open houses on Monday an Tuesday, and we just had our first meeting with Dean Peterson, his lovely assistant Mike, and last year's BTFO folks at Archie Moore's. There are two more weeks of classes left, during which we'll be soliciting support from current students, faculty, and staff to help make BTFO 2009 the best orientation program this side of awesome.

An important bit of information: BTFO is currently scheduled to begin the afternoon of Monday, August 24, and conclude on Friday, August 28th. We will also likely have activities available through the weekend so that you can make the most out of your free time in New Haven before classes start on Monday. Remember, this is all up the in air - things will change as the summer progresses, but for now, please block off August 24th - 28th. That's so important I bolded it... and I think I'll add those dates to the header or something.

We'll attempt to update this blog at least once a week for the rest of the summer. In the meantime, I continue to dork out on the many features of Google Mail. If you're ever on GChat, look for "BTFO2009" to answer your questions. You can also add our calendar to yours by searching for "BTFO 2009" in public calendars. If you don't have GMail, you can still check out the Yale Divinity School public events calendar to get a sense of what's going on around SDQ (click the Google Calendar icon at the bottom to add it to yours if you do have GMail). We're not on Twitter yet, because I don't really understand what Twitter *is* - but make an argument for it and I just might make an account.

-Kate

2 comments:

  1. It seems Google has removed the searchable public calendar function. I think you can add a calendar using an email address, though. Is there a way you can send that out instead?

    PS - Thanks so much for this blog. I'm really enjoying it.

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan -

    I noticed that; but thought it was just me having trouble with that. Here's a link to the calendar which I think will let you add it:


    http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=btfo2009%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete