Saturday, August 8, 2009

In Other News, I Win

A while back I met a young man who worked for City Seed, New Haven's farmers' market group. Up until recently, City Seed was running some pretty great events pretty far away from me. He told me there was some interest in starting an Upper State Street market, and I told him to tell his boss that I was a constituent who thought this was a brilliant idea. Not to brag or anything, but there's now and Upper State Street farmers' market on Saturdays. (If the Google map doesn't help, here's the quick and dirty: if you end up living in East Rock, you live near here. Also a quick jaunt from 409 Prospect.)

Now, the catch is that this market is apparently not being run through City Seed, so I might not actually get to take credit for this one. Turns out, though, there's a whole Upper State Street association and website. (Weren't we just talking about everyone having a blog?)

I think I still win on this one. City Seed runs a market on Saturdays in Edgerton Park, but that one gets complicated when you take into account my rule where if I go more than a half mile from home I have to, like, get dressed and stuff.

I will see you on State Street on Saturdays in sweatpants. To buy ... seasonal salads. And... salsa. Ha!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment